Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday



Dishes, Dishes, Dishes....

Atleast three times a day my kitchen sink is filled with cups. It seems every time one of the children get another drink they use another cup. What my sink is not full of though, is silverware. Every few weeks I find myself buying more forks and spoons. The best I can figure is when the children clean their plates they are accidentally throwing the silverware away. After years of washing too many cups and not enought silverware I finally came up with an idea. I went to Wal-Mart and bought each child their own plate, bowl, cup, fork and spoon. Each child has a different color (the younger ones have strawberry shortcake and care bears). Each child is responsible for and only allowed to use their own dishes. If they lose their forks or spoons they have to wait until I go back to the store to get a new one. I've been doing this for years and I've never had to buy new silverware more than once and my sink is never full of cups.....This idea has saved me lots of frustration and money....It works for me....

1 Comments:

At 12:55 PM , Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, what a great idea! I may have to try this one. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home