Friday, October 27, 2006

Look at my terrific bargin...

The other day in the middle of cleaning, cooking, helping with homework and doing laundry I smelled something burning. I of course thought it must be dinner, but no; it was the wash machine. The poor thing had been on its last leg for some time now and I wasn't very surprised to see it had finally given out. Now I don't know how much laundry you guys out there do, but in my house I wash at least one load of laundry a day. If I don't do at least one load of laundry a day my laundry basket quickly over flows with dirty clothes.

So knowing I didn't have any time to delay I quickly did a caculation of the bills (by quick caculation I mean I decided what bills I would not pay this week) and I went off to the store. Before heading to the store I had already determined (or rather my bills had determined) that I had three hundred bucks to spend on a new washer. Now I know three hundred dollars isn't going to buy anything spectacular, but thats o.k. I just need a plain old jane washer.

Look what I found on clearance for (you are never going to believe it) three hundred dollars!!!








This washer is normally eleven hundred dollars. It is a Maytag Neptune. It can wash a king size comforter and the sheets that go with it in one load. The control panel is electronic, it has nine wash modes (including one called hand wash). I can set this machine to do an extra rinse, spin or wash and it plays a musical song when the load is done. It was on clearance because it had been retuned. The sales guy wasn't sure why it was returned, but he knew it had been in the repair shop and had been given the o.k. for resale. He gave us a thirty day warranty. We figured it was such a good deal that it was worth a try. I have washed everything in the house (even if it wasn't dirty). I have used every wash cycle and water combination you can imagine and it works wonderfully. For three hundred bucks I am in absolute laundry heaven (yes, with this washer there is a laundry heaven). It was a great deal, the washer works beautifully and I am very happy....

2 Comments:

At 5:29 PM , Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

That's awesome!!! We need a new washer and I would love to have one of those, but $1100.00 isn't in my budget. What store did you buy it at? I didn't know refurbished appliances were available. That's good to know. We need a new fridge too.

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger moosh in indy. said...

You have no idea how screaming jealous I am, that is a bargain to go down in HISTORY!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home