Friday, November 10, 2006

Meganisms


By now everyone knows that my (recently turned six year old) Megan has a knack for saying the truest, rudest, funniest things in the world. She says these things at the most stressful, embarassing times and she never backs down from her words. No one and I mean No one is immune from Megans thoughts and feelings. She says what she thinks and she thinks what she says.

For years I have tried to curb Megans wayward mouth. I've done everything I could to fix this "behavioral problem". But I have come to realize that this is not a problem of behavior it is a faucet of her personality. So while I will still try to get her to say things in a nicer way I realize that I will never be able to stop her from saying what she thinks when she thinks it. So knowing this I have decided to call her bursts of rude, funny truths: Meganisms. They are all Megan, all the time. I could probably write a best selling book filled with Meganisms, but for now I will just put it on my blog.

The latest Meganism happend the other day. The weather had turned unseasonably warm and I was telling my oldest daughter that it felt like shorts wearing weather. Megan said (in a very irritated voice)

"Well I would wear shorts today, but somebody won't let me shave my legs!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home