Monday, March 05, 2007

Megans Dream....

Megans Dream.... DSC_1081

This is such a cute story you guys. In school Megan (grade K) has been learning about George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. She is so very interested in this topic and has talked nonstop about ole' George and Honest Abe for weeks. About a week ago she came to me and said "Do you know what my dream is?" I thought she meant a dream she had while sleeping, but no she meant a dream she wanted to have come true. I told her I did not know what her dream was, but I would love to hear about it. She then told me her dream was to see that statue of honest Abe sitting in his huge chair. She also wanted to see that Giant pencil people made for George Washington and to top it off she wanted to see the White House.

Lucky for me we live in the D.C. area. So this weekend I was able to do what is oft times too hard for parents to accomplish; I made my little girls dream come true. We went to D.C. and saw Abe in his huge chair, and we were able to view the White House from the top of that Giant pencil people made for George Washington.

It was a really great day and Megan was so excited to share her pictures with her classmates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home