Sunday, June 25, 2006


This is my first official Works-for-me-Wedsnesday.

Timers work for me. I use them to time everything. If the kids need to clean thieir room, I access the mess and set the appropriate time. The children then have no time to fight with me they need to race the timer. In the mornings kids love to take forever to eat breakfast, set the timer. I usually allow ten minutes. Park trips, time outs, bedtime routines, reading times.... All made hassle free with a timer. Everyone is allowed one hour a day on the computer. Set the timer and go... No fighting and no trying to remember how much time left.... For less than three bucks at Wal-mart these timers are a life saver at my house.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM , Blogger Mama Duck said...

Congrats on your first WFMW! I love that idea, we used that growing up and I've been known to do it even now to motivate myself to do something ;).

 
At 9:16 AM , Blogger Nettie said...

Welcome to WFMW! I use my timer all the time too. Oops! I should be running it right now to remind myself to check on the laundry....Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home