Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Happy Anniversary!



Today is my thirteenth wedding anniversary. Some days I feel that number should be much lower and other days I feel its not high enough. I was twenty three the day I got married. I always laugh when I think about it. I don't laugh at our wedding. Both the wedding and reception went beautifully. I laugh at myself. I remember me at twenty-three. I thought I was so smart. I mean truly there could not of been a smarter person than me. I knew everything about everything. I definitely understood the complexities of marriage and family. I knew exactly what married life would be like and I didn't need advice, counseling or anything else. My husband and I would be just fine as long as we did everything exactly as I said we should. Now I still feel thats true today. Lucky for us I know a lot more now than I did back then. Here is what I know.

1. I do not know everything and every once in a while Dale might know a little more than I do.

2. My parents are not dumb and when I shut up long enough to listen to them they are a wonderful resource.

3. Loving someone does not always fix things, but it definitely makes them better.

4. Trying hard when you don't really feel like it makes feeling like it easier.

5. Saying nothing and nagging have exactly the same effects.

6. The most important thing I know is that my husband loves me more than I have ever seen any other man love any other woman.

I am such a better and happier person now, then on the day I got married. I would not go back for all the money in the world. I have learned that nothing makes a person happier or smarter than experience. If I keep going like this when I reach my one hundredth anniversary I really might be the smartest person in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home